Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Oh how I loathe going to the dentist


I had to have some fillings Saturday at the dentist since apparently at some point my teeth decided not to be as great as they've been my whole life. I hardly ever had cavities as a kid. In fact I had only 1 for the longest time with the second being about 2 years ago. Well this last time I went in, let's just say I had a couple. I was so bummed out! Apparently the lemonade and sweet tea have not been good to me. In fact the dentist asked what I liked to drink and I told him I'd been trying to drink tea and lemonade because I wanted to quit having diet sodas. He tells me I was better off with the diet coke. Well that's just great. Needless to say I've been drinking a heck of a lot of water lately.


Anyway, I was absolutely terrified to go to the dentist because J-dawg had gone just a few weeks ago and told me what an AWFUL experience he had. This was in no way a reflection of the dentist we see because he's actually very very good but my hubby had decided to go in on an empty stomach which created problems. Shortly after he received the shot to numb him he decided he was going to toss his cookies. That's the last time he'll ever look at that needle as it's coming at him for sure. He recounted his horrific experience of puking and being put into some horror flick contraption to keep his tongue out of the way. I'm thinking of this seen in the movie SAW .....



Well, turns out it wasn't so bad. No pain in the process and only mild discomfort after the fillings since my jaw was a little tender. I'm no longer afraid of the dentist! I also found it quite humorous that only half of my face smiled for the next hour. In fact I had to take a picture just to remind me to laugh at myself once in awhile.






















No comments:

Post a Comment