Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The question of the hour “how are you feeling?”

This is usually the first question I get after we tell people. Well the good news is I feel GREAT! Ok maybe not great ALL of the time but the first couple weeks I felt better than ever. Recently, I have more symptoms. I get tired just standing to do dishes at times, I get waves of nausea mixed with periods of insane hunger, I have a headache here and there from the lack of caffeine my normal high strung body is used to, and I cry at odd moments like oh I don’t know, a Chevy commercial. Really though that commercial is a sad one so don’t judge. It’s the one with the guy who has the little old white truck he wants fixed and he has a picture of himself and his Grandpa standing in front of it so he’s willing to pay any amount of money to get it fixed. Tear jerker, No? Other than the random emotional roller coaster and the urge to puke daily or eat chicken nuggets dipped in nacho cheese (yes that was a craving and I totally stopped myself!) I feel almost normal. Some days I think, is there really a tiny person in there with a heart, fingers, toes, a brain and spinal cord? It just seems nuts because I look so normal on the outside! But as the pee sticks will show, yes I’m still pregnant. Every once in awhile I take another test just to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment