Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Trailer Park Love



* On a side note, I wanted to google "trailer park love" and find a great image but really I was terrifed of what might pop up in my browser...this is the best I could do :)








2008 - I returned to Ivy Tech to finish my business degree so I’d have SOMETHING to show for all my schooling thus far. When I look back I know that God pointed me in this direction so I could meet my husband. If I’d done nursing there wouldn’t have been a chance in the world for me to meet him.


We joke that we met in the trailer park, in all reality we did. Let me explain. We had a class at the good old community college and rather than hold this particular class in the building someone thought it would be a good plan to conduct the class in one of the trailers outside. Hence, our meeting in a trailer park.

August 2008- Enter, Justin. As I am suffering through my business course, which involved public speaking on many occasions, I meet my then future husband. I think the fact that we both almost peed our pants every time we merely STOOD in front of the class was what brought us together. I was dating someone at the time but Justin and I became good friends during this class, leaning on each other for support. He says he knew he'd met his future wife the minute he laid eyes on me. Towards the end of the semester we started dating after of course I broke it off with my then boyfriend. We had some ups and downs, I had some issues coming out of a 6 year relationship and I'm not afraid to admit it. We got past it and that's what counts right?

I graduated that December with my Associates in Business Administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment