Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

6 Years of School and Counting – 2009

Back to IUPUI I go to finish my Bachelors degree in accounting and finance. I’m pretty excited because I just got accepted into the Kelley School of Business. I’m determined to finish up my degree and power through the next year. The Spring is rocky, Macro-Economics pretty much kicks my ass and leaves me limp and lifeless begging for more pain. Did I also mention I attempted to take business communications and intro to statistics and theory in the same semester. Talk about an ass whooping. Hello red flags, you nearly hit me right in the face yet I just kept on. I didn’t enjoy a single second of any of those classes.

I take it easy that summer and take history of the holocaust, interesting but as it turns out doesn’t transfer over to another degree as a history credit. :(

Fall- I attempt to retake Macro, Stats & Theory, and add International Business, Accounting 202, and Behavior in Organizations. Need I remind you I’m still working full time and carrying 15 credit hours. I can’t take the heat so I get out of the kitchen. I withdraw from 3 of the classes because I’m a sissy.

Around this time (with only a year left to graduate) I decide to hell with business I hate you. I have an ah ha moment where I realize even if I DO get through these courses am I really going to be HAPPY doing jobs that involve this crap daily?? Do I, the high strung, can’t sit still for more than 5 minutes, talks a mile a minute girl, really want to sit at a desk all day every day? The answer was clear to me at that moment. It’s a shame it hadn’t been clear before Micro and Macro Econ sucked the life out of my GPA.

So it's on to life science courses.....

No comments:

Post a Comment