Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Enough about C-bird-let’s talk about houses









So this blog is supposed to be about the adventures of C-Bird AND J-Dawg so I apologize for my previous self indulgent posts but I’ve always felt I needed to explain my craziness a little. I feel better. Not that you care but I do. Besides you can skip over the parts that you don’t want to read. No one saw you do it.

So J and I have entered into a whirlwind of house hunting, selling, and renting. Last year we started looking at homes that could be “our” home. We both own homes currently that we had before we got married. We rented mine out which turned into a fiasco in itself and we’ve been living in his. The problem isn’t that I think the house is too small for the two of us or that I need fancy upgrades it’s the issue of “HIS” and “HERS”. I’ve always felt that the house was his and not ours. I also would like a little more space eventually for munchkins. So after finding some homes that we really fell in love with we had to get ours on the market. Let’s face it, if you are trying to buy a house you better at least have the other one on the market! In fact in December we put an offer in on a bank owned home in Center Grove. There were so many hoops to jump through because we still had 2 existing mortgages (my house and his) that we ended up retracting our offer and deciding that it wasn’t the right time. I still think about that house…..

So we got ours on the market in April, we got brand new carpet in the whole house which made it feel like new. That’s when I first started thinking…”well if we don’t sell it there are plenty of things we can do around here to spruce it up a little”. We found another home that we fell in love with, it had an amazing cat walk staircase, beautiful cabinets, hard wood floors, and a 2 story living room. Long story short, that one sold too before we could gets our sold. I feel like we are being teased. Twice we’ve had buyers come through that really loved the home. The first couple came during a tornado warning. Picture this, c-bird, j-dawg, Dozer (a giant lab mastiff mix), and Oleander (rat terrier), all hunkered down in the truck across the street watching the sky so that these crazy people could come see our house! We ran in the door just as golf ball sized hail started falling from the sky. The realtor said, “they were ready to make an offer last night but decided to talk it over”. We thought we were in like flin! As it turns out there was another house priced just a teensy bit cheaper that they put an offer in on.

Then another showing, this one listed us as #2 on the list. I don’t know about you but I don’t settle for #2. I mean #2 can represent a lot of things like almost good enough but not quite, just missed it, runner -up, and poop. So that one fell through as well, I guess the other had a bonus room. Big whoopdy doo mr. we have a fantabulous deck. That’s all I’m saying about that.

It’s only been about 3 months but we went awhile without seeing ANY houses that we just loved. Nothing worth the added expense. I was ready to hang it up again. I really am pretty content staying in that house. Then I came across a foreclosure that was an absolute steal! It has most of the things we want for a price that cannot be beat (it must be filled with snakes the price is so good). So we are patiently waiting for our agent to get back with us so we can go take a gander. One of two things will happen, we will see it and understand why it’s listed at $50K below the average for homes like that or we will fall in love with it and be back to the dilemma of getting ours sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment